Topic: Platform that support and ease Learning and Teaching of BBC micro:bit (with Collaboration) ~ Una Platform
Speakers: Mr. LEUNG Yiu Tong (Eric), Vice-Chairman of Association of I.T. Leaders in Education (AiTLE) , Head of Technology Education in Munsang College (Hong Kong Island)
Event: AiTLE + MagiCube / Workshop on Designing a STEM (@ BBC micro/bit) Collaboration
Date: 7 May 2019
- 01:10 – Virtual classroom assembly ensures students will not enter a wrong classroom.
- 02:45 – Questions or task description can be preloaded. Looking at color pictures and video is better than looking at black-and-white worksheet.
- 06:10 – Teacher can reveal students’ progress during the lesson.
- 06:25 – Teacher can quickly re-group students in real-time.
- 07:20 – The way of coding in Una is exactly the same as in the original MakeCode.
- 10:00 – Teacher can use “lock-step” to control the learning progress, limiting students only focus on the current tasks.
- 11:54 – Students can copy-and-paste preloaded sample codes from teacher’s workspace before start coding.
- 13:15 – Students can work together in the group’s workspace. The way of control this group’s workspace is similar to that of pilots. Students need to learn how to take control of the group’s workspace one by one and interchange the roles “Navigator” and “Driver” when required.
- 20:00 – Una platform supports multiple choices and short questions. He will use it for a test.
- 21:30 – He plans a group test, requires students to make a shooting game together. Students can make use of sample codes provided by the teacher and work together in the group’s workspace.