Topic: How Collaboration in STEM help
Speaker(s): Mr. YEUNG Siu Wing, Consultant (Teaching) in Hong Kong Baptist University Affiliated School Wong Kam Fai Secondary and Primary School | Teaching Consultant in the Department of Education Studies of Hong Kong Baptist University
Event: AiTLE + MagiCube / Workshop on Designing a STEM (@ BBC micro/bit) Collaboration
Date: 7 May 2019
- 06:10 – Objective of STEM education includes nurturing students’ creativity, collaboration and problem-solving skills.
- 07:10 – Knowledge building among peers is important.
- 10:00 – Teachers requires a tool to help students build up knowledge together and he agrees that Una platform can be this tool.
- 11:10 – Technology facilitates “within group sharing” and “between group sharing”.
- 12:50 – Teacher should provide tasks and let students get some idea from peers, compare their work with groupmates, and reflect on their own.